The Long Range Planning Division is committed to act in a manner that will serve the public interest and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism.
Accordingly, we are dedicated to the following guiding principles:
- Objectivity: We provide decision-makers and the public with factual, unbiased, and even-handed staff work.
- Confidentiality: We recognize that appropriate and timely communication is critical to our other guiding principles of trust, honesty, and integrity.
- Integrity: We are responsible for our actions and are committed to being ethical, moral, and accountable for our work.
- Judgment: We exercise good sense and discretion in performing all staff work, but especially in forming conclusions and making recommendations to decision-makers.
- Honesty: We believe that our professional reputation is based on being truthful, sincere, and fair, and we are committed to being honest in all of our work efforts.
- Trust: We believe that reliance on the integrity and surety of individuals is critical to any successful organization, and we attempt to build trust with colleagues, decision-makers, and the public in all of our interactions.
- Transparency: We operate in a manner that is open, frank, and candid.
- Humor: We recognize that the ability to laugh and to appreciate the absurd, amusing, and incongruous elements of our work environment and world is critical to the health of individuals and the organization and therefore appreciate and encourage constructive humor in our office.