Climate Action Study
The Climate Action Strategy (CAS) was developed to address greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions pursuant to the Board of Supervisors’ March 2009 direction (BOS Resolution 09-059) “to take immediate, cost effective, and coordinated steps to reduce the County’s collective GHG emissions.“
The Study is the first phase of the overarching CAS. It includes:
- a GHG inventory and forecast for the unincorporated County,
- a discussion of GHG emission reduction target options that the County could pursue,
- a list of current County activities which reduce GHG emissions,
- evaluation of potential additional emission reduction measures (ERMs) the County could implement, and
- recommendations for implementation of the Study through a Climate Action Plan (CAP).
Climate Action Study (PDF)
- Appendix A - Sustainability Action Plan (PDF)
- Appendix B - Baseline and Forecasted GHG Emissions Inventory for the Unincorporated County (PDF)
- Appendix C - Existing Comprehensive Plan and Community Plan Policies (PDF)
Information provided at focused outreach sessions in summer 2010:
For copies of Board of Supervisors and Planning Commission agenda letters and staff reports, please visit the Hearings webpage.